1 medium potato
3/4 cup of preferred cheese
Up to 1 cup of your favorite mix-ins (any kind of meat, fresh herbs, etc.)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Plug in your waffle iron. Peel your potato and then use a spaghetti vegetable peeler to make hash brown strands. (Make life easier and buy pre-made frozen hash browns!)
2. Put the hash browns in a bowl and add your cheese and desired mix-ins as well as a little salt and pepper. Toss all of those ingredients together.
3. Grease your waffle iron with pam or rub some butter on it (whatever your preference might be). Then pile in your hashbrown mix and close it up.
4. While your waffle is cooking, boil some water in a shallow pan to prepare your poached egg. (If you don't like poached eggs, feel free to prepare your eggs any way you would like).
5. When your waffle has reached your desired level of crispiness, put it on a plate, top with your egg and garnish with fresh herbs and hot sauce!